One of the benefits of choosing our dental services is the great technology we can offer to treat your teeth with speed and accuracy. One of the dental technologies we’re especially proud to offer is our CEREC same-day crowns!
With our team at Luth & Heideman Center for Dental Care in Las Vegas, you no longer have to plan multiple trips to the dentist to have a tooth fixed, we can do it all in one sitting!
Why Do I Need a New Crown?
Teeth are not often perfect. Many teeth get cavities, infections, or other damage that can make a tooth look bad as well as damage the tooth’s structure. Jagged edges of broken teeth can hurt your tongue or cheek. If left untreated, these broken structures can introduce infections to your inner tooth and gums—which can put your entire oral health at risk!
Taking care of damaged teeth isn’t just about fixing how teeth feel, it is about making a smile that does its job, and looks good too!
What Are Crowns?
Crowns are sometimes necessary to fix or replace damaged, broken, or infected teeth. They are typically made of metal, ceramic, porcelain, or resin. Ours are high-quality ceramic crowns that are designed to perfectly match your other teeth.
A crown is meant to serve as a replacement tooth or support to an existing tooth. It can be used to serve several functions:
- Holding together a cracked tooth.
- Cover a dental implant.
- Cover or support a tooth with a failing filling.
- Cosmetic modifications.
- Supporting a tooth after a root canal.
Crowns are very useful for people who have teeth susceptible to cavities. They offer more protection and keep your teeth looking immaculate.
What Are CEREC Crowns?
Here at the Luth & Heideman Center for Dental Care, we take advantage of the latest technology to give you the latest in dental technology and provide high-quality crowns faster than ever. We do this by providing CEREC same-day crowns.
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, which means that we can create beautiful ceramic tooth restorations right here in our office. Our CEREC machine combines innovations in scanning and 3D printing technology to provide you with high-quality crowns in one appointment.
CEREC Crowns vs. Traditional Crowns
The CEREC same-day crown method is much more simple and convenient compared to the traditional crown method.
- Impressions: Traditional crowns typically start by needing a physical mold of your tooth to use as a model for creating the replacement tooth.
CEREC crowns, on the other hand, will use completely digital impressions of your teeth, letting you avoid the uncomfortable goopy physical molds.
- Time: For traditional crowns, your teeth impressions will need to be sent to an off-site dental lab where specialists will carefully craft the new crown. This process can take multiple weeks, though; so in the meantime, you are left with a temporary crown and a future appointment where your final permanent crown can be placed.
Compare this to the CEREC crowns, in which your digital impressions are sent to our CEREC 3D printer for design and construction right here in our office! You’ll leave the appointment with your final crown already in place.
- Material: Traditional crowns can be made out of a variety of different materials—most commonly using a very durable and aesthetically beautiful porcelain. However, as mentioned before, this porcelain can take longer to craft to beautiful standards.
CEREC crowns are made from high-quality, hypo-allergenic, ceramic that is just as beautiful and nearly just as durable as porcelain—but without the long wait time. Both ceramic and porcelain crowns will blend in with the rest of your teeth in color, texture, and shine.
There is no more need to wait for long periods for a crown, come and have it done all at once!
Contact Our Las Vegas Office to Get Your Crown Fixed Today
If you feel like you need a high-quality crown fast, schedule an appointment. We would love to meet with you and help you determine what the best option for you and your smile is.