What is the GALILEOS® 3D scanner?
The GALILEOS® 3D scanner is used to take highly accurate, three-dimensional images of your head, teeth, jaw, and neck. These 3D images are used to help our talented dentists get a more comprehensive view of your mouth and related structures, and to more accurately plan dental treatments.
Do I need the GALILEOS 3D scanner?
A low-radiation and efficient technology, the 3D GALILEOS scanner can make all the difference in your treatment at Luth & Heideman Center for Dental Care. Dr. Luth and Dr. Heideman may use the GALILEOS 3D scanner in order to plan dental implants, Invisalign® invisible braces, oral surgery, TMJ care, and other types of dental treatments. In addition, we may use the GALILEOS 3D scanner in order to:
- Analyze facial trauma
- Evaluate the extent of dental injury or damage
- Diagnose cavities
- Assess a cleft palate
- Detect and evaluate cysts, abscesses, and tumors
- Evaluate your progress during orthodontic treatment
- Analyze a TMJ disorder
- Visualize abnormal teeth and other developmental abnormalities
- Diagnose the need for root canal therapy and endodontic treatment
If you would like to learn more about the GALILEOS 3D scanner in Las Vegas, Nevada and how we use it to care for your smile, we welcome you to call or visit us today.